Re: Help! Need encouragement
So sorry about your rough beginning! But you've done so well to continue on, despite the challenges.
First, how's the headache? Is it gone, or still troubling you?
Second, can you describe the injuries to your nipples? Are you seeing single large cracks on each nipple, or multiple small, slit-like cracks? In addition, are you seeing any of the following:
- vaginal yeast infection (mom), oral thrush (baby) or yeast diaper rash (baby)
- peeling, flaking, dry-looking skin in the nipple area
- sensations of burning or stinging pain in between feedings
- nipples blanching (turning white), or perhaps blanching and then turning bluish purple, after feedings
- nipples shaped like new lipsticks (asymmetrical, wedged, creased, or ridged) after feedings
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"