Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I just nursed a stuffed animal

Default I just nursed a stuffed animal

Well ladies, we're almost at the 1 year mark. Viv is 11 months and still a very happy nursling. And she wants to share. So much so after a few sips she unlatched and mashed my breast in her stuffed owl's face (he's her favorite lovey). But she only wanted to share for a few seconds. After that nuss-nuss-nuss was all hers.

My goal is to make it to two years and then follow her lead. We wouldn't have made it to the 1 year mark without LLLI.

She was 2 weeks old, not gaining fast enough for the doc, I had a hole in my nipple, and insane feelings of guilt over attempting 1 breasted nursing (I'm starving her! She's not gaining! Her latch is going to kill our only breast! Why does she nurse for hours on end!). I was so convinced I was starving her that I didn't even realize she was reacting to a touch of oversupply.

You ladies and an IBCLC helped me so incredibly much. We got the latch corrected and I learned to just let go -- that newborns nurse constantly -- that 4 month old babies do really weird things. That everything odd is actually normal. That "nurse, nurse, nurse" is the solution to almost all nursing problems.

Soooo... thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.

Default Re: I just nursed a stuffed animal

DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

These stories warm my heart, and I'm sure they must give hope to those mamas that stumble on here looking for just that! Thanks for sharing

SOOOOO cute that your LO wanted to share her milk with her owl! I love that story. Congrats on making it to a year, mama, despite the challenges. You are an inspiration!

Awesome!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

so sweet mama