Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Only gained 7oz in past month...should I worry

Default Only gained 7oz in past month...should I worry

LO is almost 7 months and breast fed with solids twice per day on days she is in daycare (4 days per week). She isn't taking bottle well at daycare but I thought she was catching up by eating through the night. I had her weighed today and she only gained 7oz in the past month. Should I worry? Here's her history...

8/14/12 (birth) - 6lb 6oz
    8/20 - 5lb 16oz
    8/29 - 6lb 6oz
    9/5 - 6lb 12oz
    9/11 - 7lb 2oz
    9/18 - 7lb 13 oz
    9/25 - 8lb 5oz
    10/10 - 9lb 1oz
    11/9 - 10lb 7oz
    11/20 - 10lb 13oz
    12/3 - 11lb 8oz
    12/17 - 11lb 11oz
    1/23/13 - 13lb 5oz
    2/13 - 13lb 14oz
    3/13 - 14lb 6oz
    mom to four energetic kids ages 6,7,8 and our newest arrival born 8/14/2012

Default Re: Only gained 7oz in past month...should I worry

She's very little but then she's been little right along. As long as she is developing normally and growing in length and head circumference, I wouldn't worry.

Her weight gain over the past month has been low compared to the average (see http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/weight-gain/), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Older babies often pause in weight gain, devoting more calories to spurting up in height or to metering some new motor milestone (like crawling or pulling up to a stand).

Has baby always been weighed on the same scale, in the same state of dress/undress?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Only gained 7oz in past month...should I worry

This last weight was on a different scale in the same office. She's always been weighed in just a diaper but today was in her full footie PJs because we just stopped in for a quick check. I guess that's even worse... I posted recently about what she's eating at day care but I'll mention it again in case you have thoughts. I nurse her before I leave at 8:15. Snack of baby food at 10. I nurse on my lunch break at 12 (she doesn't nurse great). Bottle of 3-4oz at 2 then snack of cereal with breast milk. I pick her up and nurse bf we leave around 4:15. She nurses several times before bed and we co-sleep/nurse through the night with last nursing around 5:30am. Im home Wed,Sat and Sun when we nurse on demand, no solids. Should I do something different?
    mom to four energetic kids ages 6,7,8 and our newest arrival born 8/14/2012