Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When will my milk supply be established?

Default When will my milk supply be established?

My lo is 5 months old and is ebf ( except for the occasional bottle- less then once a month). I want to go out with my girl friends for some much needed girl time and don't want to have to worry about pumping. I'll probably be gone around 6 hrs or so and will be having some drinks. Do I need to worry about my supply taking a hit or is it pretty resilient by this point?

Default Re: When will my milk supply be established?

I wouldn't worry about your supply taking a hit, especially if it's a one time thing. I mean if you were going 6 hours every day without emptying your breasts, that could be detrimental, but doing it here and there won't hurt.

I would worry about being in discomfort, though. Or leaking. Do you know how to hand express just in case you need to? Or do you have a hand pump that wouldn't be too difficult to bring, maybe leave it in the car just in case you need it?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: When will my milk supply be established?

Good advice from the PP.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"