Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Am I making enough Milk?

Default Am I making enough Milk?

Hi- I need to know if I'm making or pumping enough. Today I bf at 4:30AM then my first pump of the day at 8:00AM I only expressed 2.5 ounces 3 hours later I pumped 2 ounces in 20 minutes. That is two feedings of 4.5 ounces. How could that possibly be enough food for a almost 6 month old boy who has not started solids? Am I making enough? for the past 10 days I've done everything to increase my milk supply, fenugreek supplements, extra pumping sessions 3 times a day after breastfeeding. ect I used to leak, I never do now and when baby latched on the other breast would drip that never happens. For 6 weeks (as I posted before) I cut night feeds to get baby to sleep thru the night, that did not work and I'm back to feeding him 2 times per night at 1:30AM and 4:30AM. Please help

Default Re: Am I making enough Milk?

Is this the first time you've tried pumping? I pump at work and I usually get anywhere between 5 and 7 oz. for two pumping sessions. For me it seems to also depend on my stress level. I've read that a pump is nowhere near as efficient as your baby at removing milk, so it's typical to pump less that what your baby would actually take in.

Default Re: Am I making enough Milk?

I realized that I put in an IUD and since then my supply dropped! I'm going to try like hell to get it back!