Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back for another whinge

Default Re: Back for another whinge

Sending you a big hug! Jeez - what on earth is wrong with people??! Honestly, I think that people who are so crazy anti-breastfeeding are overcompensating. I've experienced it in my husband's family and I just don't get it. Their choices are theirs; yours are ... YOURS. I think they feel threatened about their own choices and motivations, so they look to pull you down on yours. Chin up. You're doing great. Breastfeeding is a truly wonderful, loving accomplishment.
    *Sweet baby girl born November 2011*

Thanks everybody. And apologies for the delay in replying - I caught the bug and did some serious vomiting!
    Even my usually supportive husband said, 'how are we going to feed the baby?'

Anyway, I think we turned a corner because I made it clear that it wasn't even up for debate, I packed my eldest off and took my baby to bed and just nursed and chucked up for 3 days! And we all survived! (I even lost a few pounds!)

Thanks for everyone's kind words, I am newly bolstered, ready to be knocked down again

yay! i hope you have turned the corner on the bug too...
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.