Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: any other ideas

Default any other ideas

My son is 13 months and we still bf on demand. We still do dream feeds as well. Well in the next month or 2 I plan on moving to NC to be with my husband. I am hoping before we get there he is able to find a suitable place for the 4 of us. Right now the place he is at is not kid friendly. He was told that if our son cries a lot and they get complaints we. I know this is not a ideal but we would like to all be together again. He was stationed over seas and I moved home when he deployed so I would have my parents there to help with my daughter when I our son. My husband has not been thrilled with my choice to bf as long as I have and would love to see me wean and now with the move he has tried to bring up the topic of weaning our son. I honestly thinks he just wants my boobs to be his again....Anyways I have made it clear once again this is between our son and I that I will nurse until our son weans him self. So than we started talking about if he couldn't find a kid friendly place how to keep our son from crying. I told him best bet would be Co-sleeping. Right now I share a room with my son who does cry a few seconds as I sit u to get him. I have co-slept with him when hes been sick or teething so we could nurse more with out all the fussing. My husband is not thrilled with this idea and I cant think of anything else. I was wondering if any of you would have any ideas ... I oddly don't want to give up our dream feeds if I can help it since its the only time I get to cuddle with my little man and he isn't wiggling all over the place. I also was wondering if any of you know the laws when it comes to NIP when it comes to NC if there is a age limit on it or if I have to cover or not.

Default Re: any other ideas

Hi mama, here's a website that goes over breastfeeding laws state-by-state: http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/...tate-laws.aspx

According to this website:
    "Forty-five states, the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands have laws that specifically allow women to breastfeed in any public or private location. (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.)"

So it looks like you're fine NIP.

Of course co-sleeping and nursing will help cut down on crying, but I don't understand how any housing that allows young families (ie, not a retirement community) is not "kid friendly." Kids cry, they yell, they scream, they get up at 6 am. I mean, that is just life. And there are laws that protect families from being discriminated against in housing. Federal and also possible state and local.

See this: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?.../atyourservice

When looking for a place to call home, discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or familial status (which includes children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians, pregnant women, and people in the process of getting custody of children under the age of 18) is against the law

Is your husband still in the military? Is the military not providing him with the proper housing for a family?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmeg View Post
    Of course co-sleeping and nursing will help cut down on crying, but I don't understand how any housing that allows young families (ie, not a retirement community) is not "kid friendly." Kids cry, they yell, they scream, they get up at 6 am. I mean, that is just life. And there are laws that protect families from being discriminated against in housing. Federal and also possible state and local.
    Unless your projected housing is in a retirement community, you can't be discriminated against because you have kids. Who might make noise. Is it possible that your DH took a "soft no" as a "hard no"? Like if someone said "Noisy kids are really frowned on here"- that's not the same as "You cannot have kids in this apartment." KWIM?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"