Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Domperdione and periods

Default Domperdione and periods

Ive been getting my period back since my daughter was 3.5 months old and she is now almost 7 months. they were coming ever 20-25 days. My supply took a servious diive last week and my dr recommended I try dom. He said it may not make my periods stop but I was just wondering....

If you have taken Domperdione, [and you were having your periods back prior to starting it], did you stop getting your period while on it?

Default Re: Domperdione and periods

I did not take Domperdione but when my period came back 5 weeks pp and my supply dipped to none my doctor put me on the mini pill. That fixed my supply issues and now I have no problems at all. I do still get a period though about every 4-6 weeks.

Ahh I see. Yeah maybe that was why mine was so much better with my son. I was on mini pill with him. This time didn't go on it. Was thinking of trying it though but too worried it would cause more issues and its already been 7months. Hoping the Dom will help

bump

I don't think Domperidone is likely to cause your periods to stop. It raises serum prolactin, and high prolactin can prevent your estrogen from going high enough that you'll ovulate and have a cycle, but once your cycles have started it's very unlikely that raising your prolactin by a relatively small amount is going to re-supress your fertility.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    I don't think Domperidone is likely to cause your periods to stop. It raises serum prolactin, and high prolactin can prevent your estrogen from going high enough that you'll ovulate and have a cycle, but once your cycles have started it's very unlikely that raising your prolactin by a relatively small amount is going to re-supress your fertility.
    Well I just wondered cause side effects say amennorhea. And I'm on high dose..90mg daily. Guess we will see this month.

Let us know!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"