Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 13 month old has thrush, any tips...

Unhappy 13 month old has thrush, any tips...

On our way to Mexico about 12 days ago I noticed white spots in my daughters mouth. Since it wasn't bothering her I decided to wait until we got home to get her medicine. The doctor sent us in a prescription that we have started I hope it will work fast. In the mean time I wasn't sure if there was any other tricks or tips to help it along. Or anything I should keep in mind while breastfeeding.
    Mother of 3 beautiful girls, and expecting baby number 4 in July

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

Default Re: 13 month old has thrush, any tips...

If your LO is being treated for thrush, you need to be treated at the same time, even if you're not symptomatic. Otherwise, you risk passing it back and forth to each other. Check out Dr. Newman's candida protocol http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/conte...agename=doc-CP . You can also use plain old over-the-counter canesten on your nipples a couple times/day. Also, any toys/bottle nipples/soothers/etc. that she puts in her mouth need to be sterilized. If you're pumping at all, I suggest steaming your parts in the microwave. Best of luck kicking it!
    Last edited by @llli*carm3; February 26th, 2013 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: 13 month old has thrush, any tips...

very good info in this site.

lots of vinegar washes on your nipples, APNO if you can get it, ive used lotrimin on my nipples. diflucan for you. you'll see on the site how nystatin may not help at all.