Re: Screaming after nursing
Forceful letdown = milk coming out so fast that baby has trouble keeping up with the pace. Symptoms include:
- mom has frequent feelings of engorgement or fullness
- mom may feel strong letdowns or leak a lot
- if pumping, mom may be able to obtain multiple oz of milk with ease
- baby may be very gassy
- baby may produce poops which are frequently or consistently green
- baby may nurse quickly (sometimes in 5 minutes or less)
- baby may appear to dislike comfort nursing
- baby may cough, splutter, gag, or make a click or cluck noise while nursing
- baby may pull off the breast while nursing, at which point mom may notice milk squirting or streaming from the breast
- baby may slip up or clamp down on mom's nipple while nursing
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"