Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7.5 month old didn't drink ANY EMB at daycare

Default 7.5 month old didn't drink ANY EMB at daycare

My 7.5 month old DD just started daycare last week. She'll be attending two days a week, and will be babysat by her grandparents one morning/week. The rest of the time she's with me.

She has only been to daycare once so far, and spent one morning with her grandparents, so I know things might just adjust on their own, but I'd like to hear your experiences and advice anyway.

Here's the deal: Up until 2-3 weeks ago, she would not take bottles reliably (sometimes she would, sometimes she wouldn't, and it was hard to say what made the difference). Then suddenly, while she had a stuffed nose, she accepted it and did reliably since then. So I sent 3 bottles of EMB with ~100ml (3oz) each to daycare on her first day. From what came back, I'd say she drank maybe... 10-20ml, TOTAL. In other words: nothing.

The next morning with her grandparents she had a bit, but not very much.

Did this happen to you? How long did it last? What did you do? What do you recommend?

Default Re: 7.5 month old didn't drink ANY EMB at daycare

My LO was refusing bottles at first as well. It was heart breaking because when I was gone he would scream for me and refuse a bottle. My husband worked on him at a time. One thing I did was buy a bottle warmed that warms milk to an exact 98 degrees, which is what temp. breastmilk is straight from the breast (Approx). Be sure that his provider is snuggling him in a position that is close to his bfing position with you. Another thing you could try to sending him to daycare with a blanket that smells like you (by sleeping on it one night) so the provider can use that while feeding him. I hope these suggestions help. Good luck!