Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Quality time with LO before work

Default Quality time with LO before work

I just started working today. DD is 7.5 months old. This morning, even though I woke up before her so I could get showered, things were rushed and she became very complainy. She would settle down when we could pay attention to her, so I'm wondering what ideas you have for the grown ups getting ready while making sure she doesn't feel ignored!

Default Re: Quality time with LO before work

Mine is also about 7.5 months and very fussy if not attended to. Before i get out of bed i nurse DD. Next I take her to change her diaper. Then we are off to the shower. We have a jumpy swing hanging in the doorway of the bathroom and I can walk in the shower and watch and talk to DD the entire time. The set up happens to be perfect: doorway is wide, shower is walk in with glass door, bathroom is large. I also have her in the swing while I get ready as the vanity is right in front of the doorway where she's jumping. I sing and talk to her, even sit on the floor next to her to do my makeup. We have a great time - she loves to jump. I put my clothes in the bathroom in advance so she never leaves my sight. When I'm ready I nurse her before leaving.

If we didn't have this ideal set up I'd prob see what else would fit in the bathroom, like an exec saucer, pack n play etc but she's happiest jumping in that swing. But it's key that I make sure she's not hungry.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: Quality time with LO before work

Thanks, debbers. I agree with your last bit of advice. This morning I made sure we had a quieter environment for that first morning nursing session. Quality time, let's call it. She seemed in a much better before I left for work. Now, if she would just drink SOMETHING while we're apart! But that's for another post...