Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I reacted strongly to biting - baby refusing to nurse! HELP!

Default I reacted strongly to biting - baby refusing to nurse! HELP!

Hi moms

My 7 month old has stopped nursing altogether. She bit me earlier today to which I shrieked in pain and said "no" to her sternly. After that she is refusing to nurse, no matter what I do. I am trying to not force her and be gentle but it's not working .

I can give her the bottle, but I am afraid that, that will result in her weaning which I don't want to do. Any other moms out there experienced this. I am worried and feel terrible and looking for some suggestions.

Thanks!

Default Re: I reacted strongly to biting - baby refusing to nurse! H

Hi mama, it's really hard not to react when baby bites, so try not to be hard on yourself about that. Here are some back-to-breast suggestions from kelly mom that I have found helpful:
    http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/

Default Re: I reacted strongly to biting - baby refusing to nurse! H

Good advice from the PP.

Since this is the first time this has happened, I think I would avoid bottles and solids as much as possible and see if in their absence your baby's hunger outweighs her distrust.

Sorry about the bite and the strike. It's really not fair that you got the double whammy!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"