Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: birth control shot expired, what to expect?

Default birth control shot expired, what to expect?

i have been on the shot since just after juniper was born, and have not had a period since... well, before she was conceived. she is 10 mos old now.
    well i accidentally let my time pass, and should have had the shot in january. it wasn't until i got a tiny spot that i remembered it was late to have the shot. i freaked, maybe it was implantation.. but took 2 tests which were negative. we will be trying at some point soon, but were NOT ready yet! i have been drinking wine after juni goes to bed, stressed out, and not taking vitamins.
    anyhow, what should i expect as far as my supply goes? i expired about a month ago, and have had a plugged duct for the last week.. i am assuming my supply may actually go up, but if aunt flow decides to come, maybe my supply will go down???
    no idea what to expect., and totally freaking out for some reason.
    help!

Default Re: birth control shot expired, what to expect?

I think that at this point, there's no reason to expect your supply to do anything particularly exciting. If it was going to go up, it would have done so a month ago. If your period comes back and your supply decreases, you'll probably experience nothing more serious that the usual slight dip in supply and compensatory increased nursing frequency.

Relax. Have a glass of wine. It's good for washing down your preconception prenatal vitamins.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: birth control shot expired, what to expect?

haha thanks! after i got a negative test last night, i had myself a good glass of wine and thought to myself, "gee, i'm not really going to get that parent of the year award after all, am i..."