Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stressed about upcoming work trip...

Default Re: Stressed about upcoming work trip...

Good luck! I leave for my trip early Thursday morning and will be back Friday around dinner. So the girls get 1 night and 1 morning with Dad. Just hoping he's stocking up on his patience this week.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

How did the trip go?
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vtmtbkr View Post
    How did the trip go?
    Can't complain! I left a day early due to impending snow, but DH handled things perfectly--even sent me videos of bath time and bedtime
    I was able to pump every 4hrs or so, including my usual 3 night feeds and came home with about 60oz after 2 days!
    I got home around 10:30pm and immediately grabbed the baby for Dream Feed and he hasn't skipped a beat since!

Trip #2 is this Friday-Sunday and I'm much more prepared, emotionally!

Thanks to all your support mamas!

That's great stonesmom!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*stonesmom View Post
    Mercy-- you're absolutely right!! LOL, I wasn't even thinking about the milk ill be pumping while away!! Yes, that can go right back to the freezer stash!! Oh man, can you tell I'm tired??

I should have enough for the 3 days in my stash (will check today)

My room has a refrigerator--and I was planning on storing it in my Lansinoh bags and bringing home on plane with me (its only a 1hr flight)

Do you highly recommend shipping it home instead?

Thanks!!
    I feel for you. Although i did bring my baby and husband (freq flyer miles for his ticket) for a work trip to canada when dd was 6 mos I still had to pump during the work day while they were on their own. I brought frozen milk for their first day. Carried it on in dry nice in a small cooler case. I arranged for a mini fridge/freezer for the hotel room and I had some mini ice packs and a storage case for daily transport. I stored the milk I pumped in the lanisoh bags, and since I didn't need the milk I pumped before traveling home since I nursed on the plane I froze it. For travel back I put it in the case with the ice packs. I put the whole case in a large plastic zip bag and put it in my checked bag. I figured during the winter luggage stays pretty cold under the plane. That was a long trip and it was still frozen upon our return home.

I know lots of women have to travel away from their babies, and I'm not sure if some are towers of strength, but I am not in that situation and I totally get your stress. Hope all goes well.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12