Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: OALD... Forceful letdown.. Gassy baby... :shrug

Default OALD... Forceful letdown.. Gassy baby... :shrug

This is my second child...and...I'm at a loss.... I cant seem to get my geyser-boobs under control and it is just too forceful for my son. He is only three weeks old and gets so upset when the letdown occurs and he's clicking when he sucks and gasping n choking. Poor guy. I am left smacking my face with my hand and scratching my head.

Default Re: OALD... Forceful letdown.. Gassy baby... :shrug

Have you tried reclined nursing yet? How about block feeding?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

i have actually tried it this morning with the reclined nursing.. he doesnt seem to be too thrilled about it but it something i could probably keep trying.
    block feeding i have been attempting over the past couple of days however. doesnt seem to be much change but its probably going to take awhile.. right?

So I have OALD. My LO is now 5.5 months old. She's still gassy, she sometimes clicks and loses suction, but is a very happy baby. They get more able to handle it as they grow. We never mastered reclined feeding but what really helped us was frequent feeding, on one side only per feeding(sometimes at night cluster feeding she'd take both) and side lying nursing. I offer before cues sometimes because for me a less full breast sprays less. Can you let down into a towel for the initial geyser? If you LO won't get hysterical. Offering often and letting down into a towel (or cup if you don't want to waste) may help. Good luck!

hehe thanks. yeah i have been letting just spray into a towel. he seems to be handling it a little better. usually when he's sleepy he tolerates it better. booo @ OALDs lol