Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: EBF/Mini pill/aunt flo

Angry EBF/Mini pill/aunt flo

Hello ladies!!! I wanted to give you a brief background on everything:
    By the way, I'm a SAHM

EBF: my almost 10 month old (4-24-12) has been exclusively breastfed since birth. No bottles,pacifiers,nothing...this was not by choice she does get baby food and juice by cup. She does not drink expressed breast milk in anything other than my breast. Even though she eats her breastfeeding schedule hasn't changed. She often nurses between 8-10 times a day (often for comfort) she does wake up and eat about 2-3 times a night. The pediatrician had advise me to break her nursing down to 6 times a day and we were doing that for 2 weeks until she got sick 5 dAys ago and wanted to nurse more.

Mini pill--I've been taking the mini pill since she was 4 months old. I take it at night around 7-9 pm. It varies. Some nights I take it at 7:45/8:15/on late nights 9:30

Well fast forward: I haven't had a period at all. On this Saturday (after a nice romantic night with my husband **wink wink** ) I started experiencing extreme bloatedness and mild cramps. I didn't know what this was about so I took a pregnancy test which was negative. I started craving and wanting junk to eat. I was majorly bloated during this time. Today(2-18-12) I felt "dischargy" like I knew my period had started only to peek and find nothing. I'm tired and I feel so worn. I don't want to be bothered with my precious baby girl. She's nursing like normal but she makes her nursing sessions shorter (5 minutes vs 15-20)

Have you guys experienced this before??! I'm just ready for AF to start.
    Please give me some advice! I don't know what's going on??!!!!
    Wife.Mother.Sister.Friend.ChildoftheKing. I am a mother to a bubbly preteen (12) and a very active newborn (4-24-12)

Thank you ladies in advance for your support. I couldnt do it without you!!

I and bottle fed (exclusively) until 5-28-12 when my sweet baby started back (exclusively) It has not been an easy road at all. I
    But now.... My sweet pea LOVES my BOOBIES!!!

Default Re: EBF/Mini pill/aunt flo

At just 10 months, it's very normal to not have your period back yet. The average time until return of fertility in a breastfeeding mom is actually around 15 months- though many, many women get their fertility back within a few weeks or months of giving birth. As your fertility struggles to return- meaning that your hormone levels are beginning to return to your pre-baby norm or something similar to your pre-baby norm- you can expect to have those familiar bloated, crampy, cranky, junk food-craving times.

In your shoes, I would just continue to enjoy the fact that you're AF-free, while anticipating her return within the next 7 months or so.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: EBF/Mini pill/aunt flo

@mommal ok I truly appreciate that advice. Our bodies go through so much during the pregnant and breastfeeding time periods. I guess I'm just relearning my body again.. :-/