Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: bummed about AF

Default bummed about AF

My period came back yesterday- shocked the daylights out of me!! 9.5 mos pp. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones who didn't get AF until they were DONE nursing. I mean, I know it's normal and all, but I AM SERIOUSLY feeling devasted. That may sound ridiculous, but somehow, it feels like I am failing. I am really emotional right now and it is like a shock to my system! I have been AF FREE for almost 2 years and I don't wanna go back!!! It SUCKS. I'm sorry, this is a rant.

Maybe my supply has taken a dip?? I am not quite sure yet. We are really relaxed with solids, I have always nursed on request, so I just thought the baby was nursing enough to keep it away.

I am just super emotional right now. My periods before pregnancy were awful and I am so not looking forward to this...............

Thanks for listening
    Erin
    FTM 4.24.12

Erin

Default Re: bummed about AF

I still remember getting my first AF after my first kid was born. I remember thinking "Oh wow, I'm back to norma- wait, this SUCKS!!!! I hate it! Waaaaaah!!!"

9.5 months is a pretty good run. I wouldn't overthink the solids or the supply angle- this could just be what's normal for you.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

RIGHT Mommal!!!!!

I just needed to face the facts and inevitable. I got so used to and loved not having it. I never thought I would say that. laughing at myself really now. well, maybe just a half smile. ha

So does this mean, I am like, back to normal, I wonder? I'm sure its different for everyone. I never really was a regular girl before, so we'll see.

I should have read the writing on the wall!!! I was having some serious PMS and back ache and legs past 3 nights something awful, and even this! My wedding band is super tight bc of the bloating.O.M.G. NO NO NO. I don't like this. Still fighting it!
    FTM 4.24.12

Erin

oh mama, i hear you. i was so sad when my period returned. it was so wonderful NOT having it all those months, and like you, i felt like it somehow meant i was failing or was going to fail (even though i KNEW that wasn't true). those feelings have gotten better every passing month but i'd be lying if i said i didn't do a little "curse mother nature" rant on the first day of my period!