Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what does "let-down" feel like?

Default Re: what does "let-down" feel like?

ill never forget the (male) dr asking me in the hospital if my milk had come in yet...i said....i dont know how do you tell....and he said, well, can you feel the letdown?? i asked what that felt like and he said, i have no idea ive never felt it.....and left me with that!
    but, when it did happen a few days later jeeeesh! it killed me! the only word i could use to describe it was that it was like lightning strikes in there! 7 months later it rarely is that strong but still once and awhile it will happen.
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Talking Re: what does "let-down" feel like?

wow, how incredibley poetic we are about let down today!!!

I didn't know what it felt like for a long time, because I was so darn sore all the time that THAT was all I could feel for the first 6 or 8 weeks even. But I do feel it sometimes, usually not while I am actually feeding, but if I am doing something else when it's about the time I would have been nursing, or past the time I should have been nursing, and if I have not pumped. I will feel something like a warm tingling, like when you sat on your foot and it's asleep, and you feel the blood coming back into it. If I haven't worn breast pads, I might leak visibly when this happens. It is definitely a weird feeling!

Like the pins and needles you get when your foot is asleep, only not as bad!

I find mine as a pressure per say, kinda like a rush of engorgement. I feel it right before I start leaking if I hear my ds crying and new shirt for me! I kinda feel as if my breast just gained a pound but still kinda feel soft, It feels like I'm engorged for a few minutes, but then a nice sucking starts and relief. Any one else feel the same?