Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's finally happened

Default It's finally happened

So it seems that my son has finally begun to wean...well, more than begun, he has refused morning and evening nursing and nursed once yesterday when I picked him from a school for a whole minute. I am 12 weeks pregnant and I was hoping he would wean himself but if happened quicker than a thought. It is definitely a relief but its such a bitter sweet feeling. Even writing this post, admitting to myself that our long and beautiful nursing relationship is in ally coming to an end, I find myself crying. There is nothing more beautiful than looking into my sons eyes as he lovingly nurses, or laughing while he pokes and prods my face...I just hope he will still enjoy cuddling with me and spending quality mommy time. I am so proud of us for enduring all our little nursing struggles and making it to 19 months! At least I can look forward to nursing my little peanut on the way :-) I just wanted to say thank you to all the moms that gave me so much great advice and much needed support...G-d willing I will be back on soon! (Hopefully without nursing issues!)

Default Re: It's finally happened

Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Default Re: It's finally happened

congrats!!! I am nearly 30 weeks and my almost 4yo still wont give up the boob...lol
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK