Re: decrease in milk supply w/ pumping
She's still not latching, huh? That's so hard!
Tips for increasing pumping yield:
- Pump more often (aim for 10-12 times in a 24 hour period)
- Pump for longer periods (aim for 15-20 minutes)
- Use the best possible pump- an exclusively pumping mom should be using a hospital-grade rental pump
- Use correctly sized shields
- Combine hand expression with pumping
- See a lactation consultant for in-person assistance
Sorry if that is all stuff you've tried!
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"