Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stressed out, ugly thoughts!

Default Stressed out, ugly thoughts!

My job is just getting too stressful and demanding. My boss keeps telling me I need to work overtime because I am behind on tasks. Not because of BFing, but just too much work!!
    I did great last year, but we didnt have this much work!! It's just starting to be too much!!

I actually considered weaning now, at 9mo. I hate just thinking about it, I love my baby and I want the best for her! and I will never put my job before my family, and if I do start working overtime, that's what's going to happen but I pump 30min, 4 times a day and that will make 2hrs worth of work!! and I can save the overtime...

I started taking my personal laptop to the office where I pump to see if I can get something done while I pump... I can't tell yet if it's working... I guess I need to keep doing it for a few weeks.

--just needed to vent I guess... (sigh)

I posted on the 3-12 mo forum, because next week I'll have to modify my pumping schedule and I was afraid of loosing my supply...
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...estionshttp://

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Default Re: Stressed out, ugly thoughts!

No suggestions, but a ton of !

This sounds like a really stressful situation and I know it has to be so hard to balance working and being a mommy. You're almost to 12 months, and that's when a lot of moms pump-wean... If you can just make it 3 more months you can shelve the pump with no regrets and just nurse when you're with your baby. And if you can't make it 3 more months- well, you can still nurse when you are home and use formula and solids when you're not!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Get through the trip before you think about quitting pumping... I know from your other thread that you are stressed about the trip (which I completely understand!) but I don't want you to let that stress influence your decision. I've definitely done plenty of work while pumping - some mamas find they do better if they do something relaxing while pumping, but if you're sitting there feeling stressed about work, then working while pumping may be the best way to go. If in a couple weeks you have the trip behind you and you're still feeling really behind with work and you're not able to get it done while pumping, THEN think about cutting back on pumping. And as mommal says, if you do decide to pump wean earlier than a year, you can still breastfeed your baby outside of work. Hang in there!

Thanks, it's been crazy this year... I want to make it thru the 12 months and then wean gradually.