Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Endless energy baby :)

Default Endless energy baby :)

DD will be 7 months in a week. She usually falls asleep nursing around 7:30pm. Lately she is full of energy and even if we're lying in bed where its quiet and dark, her arms are going and her little legs are trying to find a surface and she's essentially jumping while nursing. It can take till 9P to settle. This kid LOVES to jump. On our knees, held on a chair or in her jumper and exersaucer. She has been pushing those feet against surfaces since she was 2 weeks old. The attempt to jump while laying across my stomach while she nurses is hilarious. Annoying too but mostly funny. Anyone have the bouncy nursing baby during the night hours?
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: Endless energy baby :)

My in all ways moving when we nurse. His night nursing he don't move as much but he still wiggles. He kicks the blankets off if he than starts to play with the other boob if I don't let him than he is kicking is feet playing with my hair or one of the other many annoying things to have him do at 2 am. Mines a climber/jumper he bounces around or tries to climb over me. I have cracked up so many times with how he nurse a lot of the time even though it some of it can be very annoying. Nothing like laying down to Nurse and have your kid work his way around to try and climb over your face as he is latched on. I think omg if someone saw us now they would die laughing I know I would but same time I so didn't need him straddling my face or stepping on it

Yes, so common! It can take a while for them to get that energy out and fall asleep!

Introducing a calming bedtime routine can help (but I'm guessing you're already doing that!)

juniper likes to put both legs on my shoulders while i nurse her in the cross-cradle position, and push off a little, like she is bouncing. so funny/difficult!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lizeckel View Post
    juniper likes to put both legs on my shoulders while i nurse her in the cross-cradle position, and push off a little, like she is bouncing. so funny/difficult!!!
    LOL I take baths with DD and when I sit her on my legs facing me I have to watch those never-still, jump-ready feet. They're usually aimed at my chest.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

We had to give up football hold (my favorite position) by 2 weeks as LO was jammin her feet into the couch to launch off my nipple. Owie. She's a blast in the tub, she lays on my tummy and can make water across the bathroom with how much she splashes with her legs and arms. She's only 5 months and can make great distance. She has been flapping her arms against her body and kicking her legs since she was tiny. And being diaper free makes it so much easier...it's her favorite time...EVER.