Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nipple wound not healing...ouch.

Default Nipple wound not healing...ouch.

My 7 month old recently decided it would be "funny" start biting Mommy while he eats. I'm working on telling him "no!", but so far he just laughs at me. I have one wound, though, that doesn't seem to want to heal. I've had it for about a week, and it shows signs of infection on and off (white pus!! eewwww!). I read another gal's post about her injury. I have put peroxide on mine and have been trying to pump on that side as much as I can instead of nursing, but at what point does it become something I have to go to the doctor for?

I'm afraid of thrush since I'm on an antibiotic (the little turdly would decide to start biting me when I'm sick, haha!), so I really want to get it taken care of. Besides, it really hurts.

Default Re: Nipple wound not healing...ouch.

If you're worried about thrush (and for good reason, being on antibiotics with an open nipple wound), it would be a good idea to take a good probiotic (separate it from the antibiotics by a couple hours).

It's possible that the antibiotic you're already on could cover you for whatever's on your nipple, but it would be a good idea to get it checked out sooner rather than later if you're concerned about it. In the meantime, as much airing out as you can do is good.