Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6.5 mos -- no poops?

Default 6.5 mos -- no poops?

I'm worried baby is not pooing every day anymore... it's every 2-3 days. It can't be the solids that's causing it b/c she barely eats any and I don't feed her solids everyday. She has plenty of wet diapers throughout the day.

Default Re: 6.5 mos -- no poops?

At this point, it could be either that her poop frequency has slowed down because she is able to digest breastmilk so completely, or that the solids- even the minimal quantities she has had- are slowing things down. For an exclusively breastfed baby, it's normal to go as much as a week between poops.

At this point, I would either take the solids out of the equation or be very careful about the solids you do feed your LO. Stick to "P" fruits (peaches, pears, plums, prunes, aPricots) and avoid the "BRAT" foods (bananas, rice, apples, and toast/bread) since they can callow things down. Cereals are also a good thing to avoid at this point, unless they are whole grain.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: 6.5 mos -- no poops?

thank you! this is reassuring! my MIL had said baby should be pooing everyday and suggested i feed more solids since her poos have slowed, good to know otherwise!

Mommal, do u know if its possible for baby to overfeed and vomit? i nursed her twice in the morning (more than usual) and she threw-up 4 times in the car. i rushed her to the ER b/c i thought it was related to her falling off the bed last night for the 1st time. doc says she looks ok. i'm trying to make myself feel better, hoping it was just overfeed... had a horrible morning...