Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: obsessed with BF...a little off topic

Default obsessed with BF...a little off topic

Hey, has anyone else found that they are obsessed and overcome at times with breastfeeding? I am so emotional when I think about BF. If I watch a movie where a mother is separated from her baby after she delivers and the baby is bottlefed whatever...even if I think about how my kittens were taken away too soon from their mother when I watch them try to suckle a blanket at 14 weeks old, I get so empathetic, so frustrated so upset by it. I am like super crazy about the topic, I just go to prices at times aching for other peoples babies to have the breastfeeding experience and benefits. Am I just nuts or do other people have that intensity and yerning for others to have that opportunity.
    Long time wannabe Momma. First time actual Momma.

-candice -

Default Re: obsessed with BF...a little off topic

can totally relate. it is much improved now (my son is 4 yrs old) but when he was younger i so could not handle it at all. i was unable to attend nursing moms mtgs offered by the LC because the few times i did go i was so overcome by the others struggles and choices. I remember visitng my SIL when mine was 3 months and hers 3 weeks. She hated the very thougt of bf and was/is a fan of CIO (for a 3 week old!) I felt so sorry for the little one my shirt front was soaking wet (and this was ironic because up to that point I never had a leak ever and massive supply issues). I almost ran from the house with my son in his wrap...
    also watching another SIL nursing her boy by the clock and in strict regime and he was always hungry. I eventually had to stop seeing her as I could not handle it all, once she began the Ferber method.

I have had to basically stop watching reading etc anything with babies in it as I could and cannot get the sad and horrible stories out of my mind, and cthen can not sleep. I sometimes have to stay away from threads in this forum because I get so upset.

Now, that my son is four it is less often the bf part that gets me but still when i read the papers the cruelties afflcted to children his current age and i have to quit reading right away. Or history books or even novels containig cruelty to children i stay away from if at all poss.

It's hormonal. It does get better, or at least you get less sensitive to it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I feel the same way. It's amazing how much more sensitive I am when I see other peoples kids and how they're treated. It's something I didn't notice previously to having DS. My SiL's kids (4) were all formula fed and last time I saw them I almost cried! Before I thought it was a shame but I didn't respond that strongly!
    Married to wonderful husband Chris - 2004.

Finally, after 8 years of trying, we were blessed with a beautiful Tristan - Oct 2012

Proud of my bonus son Drake - Oct, 2000

We're having so much fun

Wow this all makes me feel so much better. I get very emotional when it comes to ALL BABIES nowadays..!! geez!
    Amber

Mommy to Baby Sage: 6lb, 19in, born on 5/20/12

love: hotsling AP, bumgenius diapers, ergoBaby
    loving fiancée to SAHD

visit us at: mommy & sage

Good, not just me. I would have gone crazy if one of my sisters formula fed...all 10 of my moms grandchildren were breastfeed, some to 2 years...my mom breastfeed us all too, since I was the youngest I got the longest, 2&1/2 years...I actually remember breastfeeding...and biting.

I am really sensitive to people mistreating their kids now too...though I was before...it raises my blood pressure like crazy now.

I made the mistake of watching that stupid drew Barrymore movie "riding in cars with boys" and she treated her son so terribly throughout the movie I was crying constantly...

Gosh, somebody should have warned me I'd become so sensitive...I'm usually more in control.
    Long time wannabe Momma. First time actual Momma.

-candice -

oh I'm totally with you ladies!! i can't stand to see babies hurt in movies or in the news. even baby animals in wildlife documentaries get me anxious and balling! it's our protective instinct. be proud mamas!