Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green stools

Default Green stools

Baby has a large poop around midnight the last 3 nights that is watery and more greenish than mustardy and seedy. What could be the cause? Thanks.

Default Re: Green stools

Welcome to the forum!

There area lot of different causes for green poop. It can be a normal color variation, it can be caused by oversupply, inadequate milk intake, illness, or allergy/intolerance to something in mom's diet. In a baby who is being fed on demand (or at least 10-12 times per day if a newborn, and 8 or more times per day if over 6 weeks) and is otherwise healthy, happy, and growing normally, green poop is not a health concern, particularly if it only happens from time to time.

How old is your baby? I'm guessing very new!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

She is 2 weeks old. Thanks for the info!!

Since she's so little, I would take an observational approach for now. If the baby starts having more green poops, or her poops turn consistently green, then revisit the issue. But for now, just roll with it!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"