Re: Only partial right breast letdown while pumping....
Welcome to the forum!
It makes perfect sense that your baby can drain areas of the breast that your pump cannot. Babies are almost always better at emptying the breast than pumps are. If you're not getting nipple pain when nursing or pumping, then it may be that the plug is happening deeper inside the breast.
Some things which might help:
- try a different shield size on the side you're having trouble with
- try a different pump
- combine breast massage/hand expression with pumping- you may be able to move the milk down towards the sinuses where the pump will remove it
- do a warm-water soak before pumping (immerse the nipple in a shot glass full of warm water for 30-60 seconds)
- add a soy lecithin supplement to your diet
- reduce saturated fat in your diet
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"