Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 3rd bleb in 3 weeks!

Default 3rd bleb in 3 weeks!

After a few painful nursing sessions today I see that my little nemesis Bleb is back! I had one on 3-4 Jan, one on the 13th, and here we are right on schedule. I think it's a bleb and not a milk blister because it doesn't bump up when I apply pressure. What are they caused by and how can I stop this thing from coming back? Last time I just picked at it and it went away in a day or two, but it hurt like hell. (Btw - EBFing for just over 6 months now).

Default Re: 3rd bleb in 3 weeks!

They often crop up when kids are teething, and soothing their sore gums on mom or simply changing their latch in some subtle way. Are you getting a plugged duct behind the bleb, or is it just a painful nipple spot?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I did have a blockage but only the first time - on Jan 3/4. Is it normal to get it in the same spot on the same side over and over again? I use the regular clutch position and the side laying down, both on a daily basis.

Yes, totally normal to have the bleb in the same place. Especially if you always or mostly use the same nursing position, because the baby's mouth falls in the same place all the time.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"