Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night nursing at 7.5 months

Default Night nursing at 7.5 months

How many times, if any, do you night nurse once your LO is in bed for the night? Specifically around the 7.5 month marker?

Your insight is appreciated. Thanks as always in advance
    Proud Mama of Madeline Jade 7/31/09 and Sydney Anna 6/04/12. Married to My sweetie since 2000.
    Sydney and like crazy while holding down a busy full time job!

Default Re: Night nursing at 7.5 months

I think by 7.5 months I'd stopped counting.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Yes! When I counted, as I did with my first daughter, it just made me sad and anxious and crazy, because how on earth could a baby need to nurse that much at night??!! But at 7.5 months, I remember nursing around 5-8 times a night.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I think this pattern is especially true for working moms. Certainly not exclusive to them, but reverse cycling tends to happen when you're gone all day. I didn't try to stop it because it made me feel more confident that they were getting enough, whether they were drinking bottles at day care or not. I knew they nursed plenty at night so I didn't have to worry about it so much. It was also a valuable time for us to reconnect so I didn't mind (most of the time ).
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

LOL, thanks ladies. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I am a full time working Mama. I don't worry about her getting enough as she drinks plenty throughout the day and her output is great...also she's nearing the 20lb marker, so I know she's growing!

I was just having Mama amnesia as I know I nursed a lot at night with my first at this age but was trying to tell myself it would change. I am to the point of exhaustion. Getting up every 2-3 hours and then working 10 hour shifts is making me so tired I feel blind.

I know it's short lived and I try to cherish the time together, but by the 5th time up at 5:30 in the morning, I'm ready to have some "me time"...sleeping
    Unfortunately, cosleeping doesn't work well for us as our bed is very small and I become too uncomfortable that I don't sleep at all then.

Ugh...a few more months and I know it will get better. I can do it. Thanks for the reassurance.
    Proud Mama of Madeline Jade 7/31/09 and Sydney Anna 6/04/12. Married to My sweetie since 2000.

Well at nine months we've improved and only up 5ish times a night
    I feel you with the small bed. Me, dh and Dd2 share a full/queen and occasionally DD1 climbs in as well. Its AWFUL!!!!!

Could you get a new full or queen-size mattress, and put it on the floor of some room in your house? Maybe the room that will someday be the baby's room, if your house is big enough for that? That way you could co-sleep with the baby on the floor, instead of the baby and your partner in the adult bed.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks for the idea, but as a couple, it is also really important to me that my husband and I share a bed. With kids and a full time job, it's sometimes the only time we are together, even if we are unconscious!
    Regardless, my house is very small and that wouldn't be an option anyway. Funny though, DD just started to cry a little bit ago and I quietly walked into her room, gave her her binky, rubbed her back and gave her a soft little blanket with silky tags on them...she took the blanket and rubbed it with her fingers for a few minutes, easily calmed and fell back to sleep! Yay!
    The sleepless nights are just so challenging sometimes. I appreciate all of your ideas! Thanks for the support