Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how much & how long to pump

Default Re: how much & how long to pump

So all together 3days/wk the one day/week 9 hrs away from baby, pumped 6 or 7 oz. For 3 shifts, on 2 days/wk around 5 hrs output=3 or 4 oz. I get less in the p.m. Can my body become more efficient at pumping?
    Mommal: I'll try replacing the membranes and see what happens. It can't hurt.

Oh Right! Are you the professor that we told you need to be FIRM about your pumping times? I think I would seriously consider getting the car adaptor! I think you can pump while driving and add in 2 sessions a day!

Way too lazy for formula

I am in nursing school and work in the hospital one day a week. I carpool, and am not sure how comfortable I'd be with a classmate sitting beside me in the car while pumping. Great idea, though. I'll try to sneak in extra pumping sessions before and after classes, although I'll have to work it around the extra nursing sessions we do now. It's just frustrating trying to pump x amount and not getting what you want, or see it seemingly come one. drop. at. you get it.

Yep I do. FWIW, MOST women get their best yield 1st thing in the morning. Before feeding the baby. So if you were going to add in just ONE session a day, I'd add in one in the AM when you get up to go pee.

Way too lazy for formula

Yes that will work, I'll try to add a pump session in the AM. Thanks!!