Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Formed poop in 2 month old

Default Formed poop in 2 month old

My DS was grunting and really straining today to poop. Usually the only way you can tell he's pooping is he cute little poop face (I think only a momma can say that) When I changed his diaper, he had one formed poop. Nothing like his normal diapers of normal BF poop. He is EBF.

Little bit of background: He has been battling a little bit of a cold lately with throwing up. Still gaining and nursing fine though. Went to the doc yesterday due to very frequent vomitting. He also had 2 little tiny formed chunks in his poop yesterday. They checked him out and said it was just mucus making him vomit but keep an eye on it. When I mentioned the poop, they didnt seem concerned. The doc did an albuterol treatment on him yesterday as he was sounding rattly in his chest but I dont think that would make his poop so formed.

Any thoughts? I'm a bit worried!
    Keegan: February 27, 2011
    6 lbs, 14 oz & 19 inches long

Brennan: November 18, 2012
    7lbs, 4oz & 20 inches long

Default Re: Formed poop in 2 month old

I think that when it comes to poop, what matters is the pattern. One weird poop isn't a pattern- it's just something to watch. If there's a repeat or a string of repeats, then it's something to bring up with the doc.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

We just had formed poop number 2 and now he won't nurse? I'm really worried something is wrong.
    Keegan: February 27, 2011
    6 lbs, 14 oz & 19 inches long

Brennan: November 18, 2012
    7lbs, 4oz & 20 inches long

Don't panic. Give him overnight. If he still doesn't want to nurse come morning, then take him in to the doc.

It's going to be okay, mama.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"