Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby crying after let down stops

Default baby crying after let down stops

My son is 3 months and 1 week old and is ebf. Lately when im feeding him after my first let down stops he screams and cries until the second one begins... i dont know what to do to get him to relax inbetween... any ideas???

Default Re: baby crying after let down stops

I think the best thing you can do is to put up with this annoying behavior and let him learn. Eventually he should figure out that if he spends less time fussing and more time sucking, the second letdown may come quicker.

Thanks, hopefully he'll figure that out real soon!! Lol

Hi mama! You could also try switching sides when he starts to get fussy! My DD does not like to stay on long while waiting for letdown #2, so I switch her as soon as she pops off. Something to try anyways

My daughter often does this at night when she cluster feeds. Like the previous poster, I usually switch sides when she gets too frustrated. She'll happily switch back and forth that way, and it helps prevent her from getting too aggressive at the breast--she tugs HARD at my nipple otherwise, ouch!

Ive been switching sides when he starts to get frustrated and this seems to help, thank you!!!