Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Acne Remedies?

Default Baby Acne Remedies?

My DD is almost 4 wks and has baby acne only on face and a little on back. She doesn't seem bothered by it. I just don't like to see the pink areas on her cute face I've tried breastmilk but that hasn't helped. I understand it normally clears after first month. Any suggestions would be appreciated..thanks!

Default Re: Baby Acne Remedies?

Cut dairy. Seriously. Every one of my babies got really bad acne. I didn't know about dairy when I had my first, and he had it bad for the first 3 months. I heard that while pregnant with my second, and as soon as one pimple popped up on him, I cut dairy, and within a couple weeks, it was all cleared up. Same thing for my others.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Mainly time is the factor, unless there is an allergy factor like mentioned above. I found with both DDs it cropped up around four weeks and started clearing up at about eight weeks. I found that washing their face with a damp warm washcloth in the morning and night helped. I didn't use any soap. This is caused by a possible transfer of your hormone during pregnancy. Their skin was a bit patchy and rough when it finally started clearing up, but then their skin went back to a beautiful smooth pink! Just don't put any medications, harsh soaps or pop or scrub the pimples and you'll see some results here in a few more weeks!

I just let it go away on its own. My ped said it was just the pores flushing things out from the womb, and that it would be just fine after a while. Soap and water is all I would use, if anything.
    Jessie

DH Mike 3/15/03

Riley Patrik 10/30/06

Gavyn Oliver 12/1/10

I think you should consult with your family doctor and I think he can guide you in the right way.