Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amount of milk/dairy with extended breastfeeding

Default Re: Amount of milk/dairy with extended breastfeeding

Thanks for the ideas. We do lots of broccoli! I forgot about cucumber, but I can start that. At what time did your kids start eating greens without cooking them, like raw spinach? The first time we tried some lettuce it got a bit stuck in her mouth/throat. That was at 10 or 11 months I think.
    I'm Elizabeth, first time mom to Sofia Kerala, born Jan. 6, 2012 at home.

We are happily , , , and .

I'm an international teacher-librarian , currently working in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*debbers View Post
    i LOVE this! i really hope i can raise my daughter to choose to eat how i eat. fresh foods, real meat, no dairy. we are going to do BLS and i am thinking of cooked egg yolk as her first food. from what i have read if i have no egg allergy then the yolk is ok for her even at 6 mos. we buy cage free organic eggs. her meals will still be 99% breast milk, so this is truly just exploration for her. thoughts?
    Egg yolk was one of the first foods we gave our daughter and I say go for it. It is such a nutrient dense food and the recommendations on when to offer it are changing. If you can get pasture raised eggs, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nursing.fiona View Post
    Egg yolk was one of the first foods we gave our daughter and I say go for it. It is such a nutrient dense food and the recommendations on when to offer it are changing. If you can get pasture raised eggs, even better!
    Did you give it to her plain? So far BLS is leading right back to the breast, which is totally fine with me. One week apart we've tried egg yolk, sweet potato, banana. Funny that the only thing she doesn't put in her mouth at 28.5 weeks is food. I am happy to let her take her time on this.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

DJ was like that. HE was a TOTAL mouther. And yet the banana and avacado went in his hair, all over his thighs, everywhere BUT his mouth. So we put away it was about a month in from trying that he finally put something in his mouth and then BACK in his mouth. That food was watermelon.

Way too lazy for formula