Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bfing with reduced pump sessions

Default Bfing with reduced pump sessions

My son will be 1 next week (yay!). I work, so I pump at work.

Legally, after he's 1, I can't take my protected multiple pump breaks (I physically go to another building to pump, so it is quite the disruption to my work day). For awhile I do plan on pumping during my lunch break (legally, no one can dictate what I can and can't do on my lunch hour). And I also plan on continuing to bf in the morning and evening.

I'm curious if anyone else has been successful in bfing without pumping at all during the work day. Eventually, I would like my lunch break for some me-time (I used to work out at lunch).

My son is showing no signs of weaning, and I'm not ready to give up something so important. But I also recognize the constraints of the law (and my work productivity), so I'm trying to compromise as best I can.

Thanks!

Default Re: Bfing with reduced pump sessions

Yes, I pump weaned at a year both of my two older kids, and plan to do so with my baby (now ten months), continued nursing evenings/nights/mornings/weekends. Many working mothers pump wean at a year. It definitely does not mean you have to completely wean. In fact, it's really nice when you can leave the pump behind and just nurse! And congrats on making it to a year!

MOST working mothers here pump wean at the year point and continue.

Way too lazy for formula

Yay, so I can still bf without pumping during the work day? Wow, how awesome is that? I'm excited. I'll probably do a lunch time pump for awhile, just until we get transitioned. I'm concerned with all the bugs going around at day care, and want to continue to give my baby the antibodies he needs.
    Gosh, it is so exciting to think about getting my life back from the pump. Thank you Momma's!

Yeah the usual way is you lose one pumping session a week and by the end of the month you are pump free!!

Way too lazy for formula