Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby not adjusting to daycare - Any help? - for NB magazine

Default Baby not adjusting to daycare - Any help? - for NB magazine

Here is our newest question for the Making It Work section of New Beginnings, the LLL USA magazine. Can you help this mother? Be aware that you may be published! You can answer here or send me a private message. Thanks!
    Winema Lanoue
    LLL Leader and Contributing Editor
    New Beginnings Magazine

Mother's Question:
    "My daughter has not been adjusting to her (highly recommended) daycare in the way that I had hoped. She is five months old and has been going for about six weeks, but I’m told that she is still is upset most of the day. Unfortunately, I can’t stay home with her right now and I’m at a loss as to how to help her adjust. I don’t let her “cry it out” at home and this is really tough for both of us. Is there anything I can do to help her or the situation?"

Default Re: Baby not adjusting to daycare - Any help? - for NB magaz

Unfortuately the nature of this questions would benefit from open dialog but since it will be one sided here are some suggestions and some questions you may want to think about-

questions first-
    A highly recommended day care is great but had the people recommending had children as young as yours in the facility?- much different to care for an infant vs. verbal toddler. Do they have experience w/breastfed babies? how long is your separation?

Suggestions- get LO a security item- my DS likes these little little cuddle blankets my DD had a small stuffed toy. Sleep bare chest with one of your receiving blankets and ask that the care givers use that when holding you LO the scent may help calm things down. What are their soothing techniques?

Default Re: Baby not adjusting to daycare - Any help? - for NB magaz

OK, thanks for the help, so far, Mamas! Any more responses? I've still got a little time before the deadline and would love to hear your experiences! It's ok to be detailed.