Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Human pacifier, need help

Unhappy Human pacifier, need help

I have successfully nursed my almost 10 month old but from day one she has used nursing for comfort. I was hoping by now since she eats food at least twice a day she would not want to nurse as often especially at night but that is not the case. I also have a 3 year old and I feel like I dont get to spend the time that I would like to with him since she wants to nurse a majority of the time or at least be in my lap. As I am typing this she is nursing >_>

I have tried to give her a pacifier when I know she is not hungry but she refused them. I have tried to put her to sleep using other methods and patting her back seems to work to initially get her to go to sleep at night but once she wakes up (usually and hour later if not sooner) nothing seems to sooth her but nursing. My DH can get her to sleep when I am not in the house but it seems like as soon as I walk in she wakes up and only wants one thing. I have treed to sneak away once she is asleep but isnt usually successful with that either.

I do co-sleep with my LO and would like to continue but something has to give.

I am very tiered and would like to sleep comfortably and have time to clean my house...

Default Re: Human pacifier, need help

Can you roll with it for a couple more months? Once she's a year you can night-wean without worrying that you're compromising her nutritional intake.

I know this is really, really frustrating, but I think the chances are good that your LO is soon going to become more independent as she becomes better at playing, and more mobile. Meanwhile, I'd encourage you to get out of the house as much as possible. First of all, the less time the kids spend in the house, the less there will be to clean! Second, the more time you're out and about and the kids have things other than you to be interested in, the less nursing there's likely to be.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Human pacifier, need help

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Can you roll with it for a couple more months? Once she's a year you can night-wean without worrying that you're compromising her nutritional intake.

I know this is really, really frustrating, but I think the chances are good that your LO is soon going to become more independent as she becomes better at playing, and more mobile.
    I think I will just stick it out untill after her birthday but as far as mobile she is already walking!! that is probably to reason for nursing so often since she drinks a little then wants to play then comes back a few min later.