Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Vitamin D drops

Default Vitamin D drops

Do we really need them? I'm a little concerned since my baby was born into the darkest, coldest months of the year and gets almost no sunlight.

Default Re: Vitamin D drops

I'm Canadian. So over the winter my girls don't get much natural sunlight. However milk in Canada has Vitamin D added. For the babies while nursing, I've given it. Although I admit that I'm not regular with it. I give it when I remember. I know I don't get enough natural vitamin D, but I do get it via my prenatal vitamins and in milk. I wouldn't want my babies to be deficient. IMO, it's worth giving.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

I give baby D drops. 1 tiny drop on the nipple before feeding-easy! I live in the Middle East where there is lots of sun but they still recommend to take it here-I guess we try to avoid the sun here.

It can't hurt and may help, so why not?

A vitamin D supplement is especially important if you or your baby are darker skinned people, or if you spend most of your time indoors- and most of us do!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"