Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Recurring blister/bleb

Default Recurring blister/bleb

My 8 1/2 month old has been nursing really great. However, after starting exercise, I got a blister. So, I stopped exercising and the blister went away. That was 3 weeks ago, and every so often the blister comes back. After I lance it and drain the duct, I just have this constant deep pain in my nipple all the way through the duct. Now for the last few days because she is going longer in between feedings, the pain is getting so much worse!! Is there something I can do about it? Is it the first signs of an infection coming on? This morning my breast was red all along the place that was super sore.
    I'm getting super frustrated with this blister always coming back that I want to stop, but luckily I won't because she refuses formula. Do any of you moms have any suggestions???

Default Re: Recurring blister/bleb

At this point, I'd call the doc. Not to alarm you, but the redness could be mastitis, and since tomorrow is Friday I'd play it safe and try to get seen before the weekend. If you need antibiotics, you want the prescription in hand, instead of trying to get one on a Saturday or Sunday.

It's weird that the blister cropped up right after you began an exercise program. Usually blisters are caused by things like teething, not by exercise. I have to wonder if it's coincidence that you got the blister when you did. But maybe an ill-fitting bra could be to blame?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Recurring blister/bleb

Well, it could be from the bra or friction from nursing pads because I leak. I will call my Dr, however, I am on vacation in another state and am flying home Saturday. I had mastitis before, and I don't remember having this awful pain. Thank you so much for the help.