Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Suddenly sleeping more at night...?

Default Suddenly sleeping more at night...?

Hi ladies,

As I've learned from these sleepless months... everything, even horrible sleep, is temporary.

I'm bringing another concern up, I haven't posted to LLL forums in awhile because things have been smooth sailing. DD is now 7.5mo, big and chubby, starting to really enjoy solids, and at 5 months we started cosleeping so that I could feed her more easily at night and also get some much needed sleep.

Anyway, with cosleeping, it seemed that DD was waking up way more often, but fiance and I took this in stride and have been very accomodating. The reason for this is while I'm away at work (9 hours, 5 days a week), DD does not drink much from a bottle and this was worrying for quite some time until I discovered reverse cycling.

She will drink 6-9 oz, nurse at 5PM, nurse again around 5:45PM, nurse to sleep at 6:30PM, and then she will wake up anywhere from 40 min later to 2 hours later to nurse again, then nurses throughout the night.

However... for the past couple of nights she's been waking up only once or twice and I think (not quite sure) that she STTN last night and only woke up at 6AM to nurse... This concerns me as she hasn't changed her intake during the day.

Should we change anything?? Fiance stays at home with her and is VERY good about offering milk often, offering solids, and he reports that she has been quite the happy little girl this week. So nothing concerning there... just being a mom who worries too much.

Will appreciate any advice

Thanks
    Amber

Mommy to Baby Sage: 6lb, 19in, born on 5/20/12

love: hotsling AP, bumgenius diapers, ergoBaby
    loving fiancée to SAHD

visit us at: mommy & sage

Default Re: Suddenly sleeping more at night...?

Also, a note about her diapers:

-Has 1 to 2 big poopies every day
    -We need to use cloth + overnight diaper at night because they are so heavy with pee
    -3-5 diapers are very wet throughout the day

Thanks!!!!
    Amber

Mommy to Baby Sage: 6lb, 19in, born on 5/20/12

love: hotsling AP, bumgenius diapers, ergoBaby
    loving fiancée to SAHD

visit us at: mommy & sage