Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need increase in milk

Default need increase in milk

I just recently Went back to work and I feel my supply as gone down. Can I have please have some input. IM getting desperate. I don't want to give my baby formula. Is it too late to increase in supply. My baby is 4 months old. Does the power pumping work. Please help!!

Default Re: need increase in milk

Hi there. Can you tell us a little more about your situation? Like how long have you been back at work for, how many hours a day are you separated from baby while you are away, how is baby being fed in your absence? You are asking about electric pumps, so I'm assuming you don't use one now ... are you using a manual pump, or are you not removing any milk while at work?

I assumed she meant power pumping in the sense of pumping for 10 minutes, resting for 10 minutes and repeating for an hour. Or whatever variation on that theme. http://www.aintnomomjeans.com/2010/0...r-pumping.html

Bella2224, you will get lots of good advice here. It is definitely not too late to increase your supply. You will hear a lot about herbs like fenugreek and those can help, but nothing can help more than frequent and effective removal of milk from the breast.

My best advice is to pump often while separated from your baby (at least every time your baby takes a bottle), pump after your baby goes to bed (in front of the TV, with a tasty treat) and rent a hospital grade pump for a couple of months. This is what worked for me. And nurse, nurse, nurse while you are together.

AH, thanks for clarifying - I misunderstood - had never heard the term "power pumping" before!