Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: new schedule

Default new schedule

any ideas regarding gone for 5 hour shifts w/o a break? would it be beneficial to pump for only 5 minutes, and stop if that's all the time I can take?
    Last edited by @llli*gwendlynsmom; January 11th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: new schedule

Some pumping is better than no pumping... there's absolutely no way to stretch that 5 minute break? Have you talked to your supervisor?

I'm in school & we only are given 5 minutes to get from one building to another, and the lactation room for me to use is in a completely different building, also. I hate taking as much time as I need, classes are tough so I would prefer not to miss anything. Now I find the lactation room filled with boxes, to the ceiling. Just enough room for me, and my pump on another chair, to reach the plug. It's frustrating. Thanks for the response, I'll try to get more time from my teachers.

That does sound tough. But I think it's a good idea to talk to your teachers. First, maybe there is a space you could use that is not in a different building - an empty classroom or office. Never hurts to ask. Second, maybe you can work with your teachers so that if you leave class a few minutes early to pump, they can provide you with the notes for what you missed during that time. If you have the attitude that you really don't want to miss anything, but this is something important for you to do, I think most people would be receptive to that. Another possibility would be to get notes from a classmate. In a five hour stretch you could probably get by with one pumping session if you were nursing or pumping immediately before or immediately after, but it would be nice if that could be a decent length session.