Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for pumping without a private space?

Default Re: Ideas for pumping without a private space?

Oddly enough I feel like the car is not very private. I think would feel too exposed to pump there. But that's OK, I think I can make the classroom work with the binder door stopper/sign/large jacket coverup

If for whatever reason the classroom thing doesn't work out, and you do end up in the bathroom and you don't feel like it's clean enough, pumping and dumping is an option. Not that giving up that liquid gold is easy, but it's just one day.

I've also brought along wipes (not baby wipes, but cleaning wipes) to wipe down the area beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mercystreet View Post
    Hi pumping mamas. My division at work is having an all day retreat next week off-site. Even though my workplace is overall quite breastfeeding friendly, my coworkers who planned the retreat forgot about my need for pumping accommodations when booking a location and planning the agenda. It would be ideal if I could stay on site. How would you handle it?
    I pump in my parked car when I have to. I bought an AC inverter so I can plug it into the car's power port and plug my pump's standard wall plug into it. Although this isn't the exact one it looks like this and I got it at Target - not online but at the actual store. http://tinyurl.com/ahehqeh Note - at $40 it was a bit pricey but I once bought one for under $20 and regretted it. It emitted a burning smell after a few uses.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12