Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Co-sleeping is this safe question

Default Co-sleeping is this safe question

As I've stated previously I'm still feeding my little bean through out the night - 6 times last night!
    I think she may sleep better in her crib but given how often I'm up to feed her I wanted to make it as easy for us as possible so and she dislikes the crib but I came up with this ingenious idea but now wondering if its safe.
    We have a stork bed that turns into a normal bed once shes big enough - you can also take down the front railing and turn it into a day bed with a very small rail at the front - like so -what we've done.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002A9IZ0Q?in=2&is=300

I have pushed our bed up against the crib so our mattresses are right beside each other and the small rail is on the feet end so we can feed easily at night.

The issue is is that there is an inch gap between her matress and our bed - but it doesn't go to the floor there is a piece of necessary wood on the crib that causes it - I have put a rolled up towel there - it's really tightly squeezed in and now there is no gap - is this ok??

She's 9 months.
    Sorry for the long winded post - I don't mind night feeding I just want to make sure I'm not keeping her awake!

Thanks!!!'

Default Re: Co-sleeping is this safe question

I would worry that the bed could move away and she could slide thru the crack. we had an arms reach cosleeper when LO was tiny and it came with straps that anchored it to our mattress so it couldn't move. maybe you can look into that.

my guy is 11 months and nurses a lot at night but he is in our bed.

good luck.

Oh that's a fair call actually - our bed is pretty heavy and hard to move but I might make it more secure - thanks for that!

I went through the same thing with our daughter; when I brought her home, I told my husband, "I'm sleeping with her!"; he resided to sleeping on the couch for the first 10 months! I think he was afraid of rolling onto her, I can say I never did! When we first started co-sleeping, my daughter and I, I used a booby to nurse so at night, I'd put her inside the boopy so I'd know where she was! I would sleep with my head on the side just listening to her breathe; nice sound Course I lost a child to crib-death so I am biased with the cosleeping thing..........but we have successfully achieved this method of sleep and conceiving another! If you're not comfortable with the cosleeping idea, definitely heed the PP's advice about the attached bed. There are my two cents.
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11