Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone overcome a nursing strike? Please share your story.

Default Re: Anyone overcome a nursing strike? Please share your stor

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    We had a very long (5 mo) nursing strike. We got through it. LLL published my story if you want me to PM you the link. But I would work at getting her to nurse while she was asleep, during naps, middle of the night since we co-slept. Eventually, on her own time, she decided to nurse fully awake. We had many other problems with breastfeeding, low supply, not latching as a baby, posterior tongue tie, and it was a lot of work to work through all the problems but we stuck with it and by 12 mos things were pretty smooth. Then she went on to nurse till she was over 3 yrs old. Kellymom has a great article on nursing strikes, too. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/
    Hi Krystine,
    My son has been on a long nursing strike as well and been looking for your published story. Could you send me the link or the title of the story / where it was published? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nic123 View Post
    Thank you Mommal, Jean and Krystine for replying! I really appreciate it!

It's reassuring to know that others have been through this and have overcome this hurdle.

My son still isn't wanting to breastfeed...not even whilst sleeping (we co-sleep). If he does allow me to bring him near the breast, he just tries to bite...I keep wondering if should stop trying or wait a bit longer? I am still pumping and will also implement the advice that has been given. :-)

Krystine - wow you are a committed person...5 months is a long time. I would love to hear your story - can you kindly PM the link?
    Nic123 - did Krystine ever respond to you / get back to you re. her story and where to find it? I'd also love to read as my son's been on a long nursing strike as well Thanks!

My daughter had a nursing strike when she was about 22 months. She had a twin brother who was also nursing and I usually tandem fed them. I was sure she had the strike because she had a cold. So, through out the cold I nursed her brother while she lay in the nursing position (not nursing) and sang to her. Then after three days, she told me that she wanted to nurse and did. Unfortunately, she had another strike at 23 and a half months and has not recovered from that one. It always seemed rather sudden to me (from 5 nursings a day to nothing) and I wondered if she just stopped nursing because she didn't like tandem nursing anymore. But once the strike started, I guess it was to late. I tried offering nursing time by herself and she refused that too. Lately she has been asking to nurse and I tried a few times, but I think she forgot how to nurse :-(

Krystine, I would be interested in your 5 month nursing strike story.