Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasures??

Default Re: Guilty Pleasures??

Where can I start..

Using nursing as a excuse to read my book and not cook dinner..ooops sorry I have been nursing...husband to the rescue..

Not getting out of tank tops and sweats all day

having Half and Half in my coffee ( never could) but hey I need the xtra right??..oh yeah..luv it!!!
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Oh the cookies and mine is ice cream i have to have a bowl almost every night i know it is terrible but dh is the one who buys it lol also i love to stay in pjs all day everyday. I stay at home so the only one who sees me during the day is my kids and dogs lol. So when bf is done i am in trouble with all of these habits i have accumilated.

Watching Food Network ALL DAY LONG! Hey he'll never guess...I am caring for twins...takes twice as long to BF them, change diapers and give baths. Thank God for the pizza shop down the street! What am I going to do with my mil here next wk and for the next 5 months! What excuse will I come up with next?

Me love cookies!!!!!

Also, I second the watching tv, (food network addict here as well) and the idea of not being able to leave her with crazy family members.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Talking Re: Guilty Pleasures??

OK here's mine! Pj's all day... no shower till whenever (i know ill just get milk and spit up on me again)... my hair?? haha why bother. As for sweets.. i do have one. I bought this natural honey with the comb still in it and i just eat spoonfulls! I have the excuse that if thats what im craving maybe thats my maternal instincts telling me thats what i need!

Dessert...ice cream, cookies, pudding, cheesecake, chocolate...not all in one day of course!

mine is nursing the baby to sleep and then holding him for his naps while i surf the web.....i love when he wakes up totally at peace because he looks right up at me.....does anyone else do this?? i never tell anyone because they would say he needs to sleep in his crib....and i do worry that i may be creating a monster??!!

as far as the hunger.....since the day i had him, i have had absolutely NO appetite at all....and i gained almost 80 lbs when i was pregnant...ate constantly.....
    Last edited by Blessedbee; November 22nd, 2006 at 04:58 PM.
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Reading and watching the movie network. Got to catch up on a bunch of mivies I haven't had the time/energy to go and see.

i do the same thing my problem is i just don't feel like getting to up i figure if i am comfortable and she must be comfortable she is sleeping why move and interrupt her. Plus when she wakes up she just looks up and smiles and i love that

Let's see... I went back to work this week, so my guilty pleasures now are mostly eating dessert. I love cookies. And brownies. OH! And donuts. Man, do I love donuts. While I was still at home, my DH was also at home (he was between jobs and starts his new one Monday!) and we watched hours and hours and hours of Food Network. Most of the time, I couldn't be bothered to get dressed... just walked around in nursing bra in shorts. I have a hard time finding nursing clothes in my size (some XLs work, but some places I probably need a 1X or XXL, which they never carry in store).

How do you find time to read? I never manage anymore. And I used to read 2-3 books a week!