Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guilty Pleasures??

Default Re: Guilty Pleasures??

when DS was younger I would read while he was nursing. He was concentrated enough that the turning of the pages didn't really bother him. He often fell asleep that way so I would just keep reading and he would get his nap in at the same time. Now its only during his naps that I get to read and he seems to want to drop one of his naps these days so I'll get less reading in now.

What I enjoy most is my DH looking after me. While nursing, he always brings me whatever I ask for: the telephone, the remote control, snacks, etc.

The junk, the cookies, the ice cream. And the satisfaction I would get out of saying "I really can't leave her with you, she's ebf" when she was teeny. I didn't want to leave her. And I had a good excuse!

My biggest gulity pleasure is really co-sleeping. Em sleeps much better, or at least longer and uninterrupted in her own bed now, at 14 months. But at least 4 nights out of a week.... I go to bed. Alone. And I toss and I turn, and I think, I will just poke my head in and check in on her. And then I scoop her up and bring her back to bed with me. Her head... it smells so good. Maybe I shoud start washing my lab in the lavendar baby wash and then I would be happy again, snuggling with him? What? Sleep in the same bed with dh? Have rarely done that since I was 5 months pregnant! I guess that is a guilty pleasure, too. Taking over our King sized bed to share with Fisher and little missy while poor dh is snoozing on the couch.

And of course these boards... I tell myself it is all about th ebf support. But really? I just like you guys better than most of my friends. (Insert nose up in the air bf'ing smilie!)
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by ladypembroke View Post
    How do you find time to read? I never manage anymore. And I used to read 2-3 books a week!
    Bout the only time I manage it is when I'm plunked on my butt on the sofa, feeding pillow on my lap, and Brian on my boob. Not a very involved reading time, but 15 mins here and there. I have no ambitions to finish any great novels any time soon.

Grins,

Jen

I haven't mastered feeding and reading at the same time. My mother told me she did that with all of us, too, but I can't get myself and the baby comfortable with either a Boppy or a My Brest Friend. Another friend told me she would do this at her computer and play her game, and I've tried that twice, too, but it's also not working. I think my breasts are just too big, and I'm too shortwaisted, to get things all angled right. I'm hoping as my LO gets bigger, he'll be better able to get to the nipple no matter where it is.

BTW, I too love having my DH assist me. He was kinda bad about it while I was pregnant (although he was great about a LOT of other things then), so I have no problems asking him now. I feel a little guilty, tho, if he's doing something he really wants to be doing.

My dd now nurses in less than 10 minutes so I can no longer enjoy soap operas and reading while nursing, but I can enjoy...

DESSERT!!

Every night after dd goes to bed! I'm especially in love with pie drowned in heavy whipping cream - don't whip it first, just pour it on there!

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbee View Post
    mine is nursing the baby to sleep and then holding him for his naps while i surf the web.....i love when he wakes up totally at peace because he looks right up at me.....does anyone else do this??
    This is how I surf! I looooove holding her while I'm on the computer (or sometimes watching TV). Plus it seems like she gets the best naps in this way!

These are GREAT!! Glad I'm not the only one!

Here are mine: (some are repeats)

In the beginning, leaving DH to deal with all the people who "dropped in" because I needed to take DS to the bedroom and nurse

Also in the beginning, not having to hand him over becasue he needed me

Telling DH not to argue w/ me because stress can inhibit let-down

Buying new shirts because I need nursing flaps

Eating cookies, and alot of them. Always saying oh I have to eat! I am sooooo hungry!!!! LOL But it Is true I do get hungrier now than I did when I wasn't nursing.

My little one is 10 months old now but when she was just born we had ALOT of company so of course I missed her and knew I would get her to myself if I nursed her and she didn't mind at all. (Isn't that awful!!!!!)

Now on the subject of food as I mentioned she is 10 months old and not nursing as often but I still think I can eat chocolate or a late night snack and be fine.