Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sleep regression( yep, more sleep qs )

Lightbulb sleep regression( yep, more sleep qs )

I posted a little bit ago about my son waking up because I'm in his space, or so I thought.
    But now I'm thinking that this is sleep regression. He's waking up maybe 4-5 times a night, but he will wake up and throw his arm and leg over to attempt to roll onto his tummy, but that wakes him further.
    Anyway, is there any way to comfort my cub through this phase? And how long does this last? I mean, the Google says 3 weeks, but what's some non Google real moms' input?
    Desmond Ringo Payton [5.31.12|8 lb 14 oz|22 in.|blonde|blue|beautiful|BACK TO BREAST 6.25.12]

Default Re: sleep regression( yep, more sleep qs )

I think it's pretty common for babies to wake themselves up when they start trying to sleep on their tummies. Mine certainly did--every time he would roll over to sleep on his stomach -- during naps and night -- he woke up and had to be helped back to sleep. Then one day, he just got it and it hasn't been a problem since. We didn't do anything to help him learn, he just did. Don't remember how long it lasted. Maybe 1-2 weeks? Not sure.

Also, night waking 4-5 times in a 10-12 hour nighttime sleep cycle also is not uncommon. In fact, I think that's pretty normal -- especially for breastfed, cosleeping babies at that age.

Thanks mama
    Desmond Ringo Payton [5.31.12|8 lb 14 oz|22 in.|blonde|blue|beautiful|BACK TO BREAST 6.25.12]

My son also started waking himself up once he learned to roll to his tummy. For about a month, off and on, he would roll to his tummy, then get "stuck." It was frustrating. Then he learned how to roll back to his back. Now, he prefers to sleep on his tummy. I place him on his side in his crib after nuring to sleep, then he will usually roll to his tummy within the hour. Oftentimes he sleeps with his face down on his hands. This was concerning to me when he first did it, but he hates to sleep on his back and sleeps much better on his side or tummy.

The real sleep problem for us now is the teething!