Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: return of menstruation

Default return of menstruation

Just curious when other mom's had their menses return? Mine just did (almost 10 month old daughter). We breastfeed on demand but she sleeps through the night now on most nights (for the last few months she has). Part of me feels happy because it signals that my husband and I are free to get pregnant when we choose (although we weren't planning on it any time soon!) but another part of me feels sad! Like my body is beginning a new chapter and my mind isn't totally there yet
    My daughter doesn't seem to notice (phew!) so we will continue as normal. Just curious when others got their menses back...

Default Re: return of menstruation

Mine came back a week before DS turned 1. I was so disappointed, but also glad it took that long! He wasn't sleeping through the night (and still isn't, ha), but that is when I pump weaned. Total bummer!
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

For me it was six mos post partum with both kids.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

15.5 months postpartum, with both kids.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

At age 21 months, about 3 weeks after we night-weaned. DD2 is almost 6 months old and no sign of it yet. Lucky me! But I was a bit impatient to get pregnant again because my DD1 was almost 2 by the time I ovulated again!

Mine did 2 months postpartum and i ebf, def thought it woulda been longer

13 weeks after DS and 8 weeks pp from DD
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

the day I went in for my 6 week check after I had my son I was informed I was starting my period .... I breastfed on demand and what seemed all the time along with co-sleeping my body just did not want to give me a brake ..... I envy all of you got time away from aunt flow